Friday 29 April 2011

Post 33- Music Sampler


In undertaking this project, I initially had no idea how I was going to procure the data from music to create the symbols so I met with my friend and aspiring programmer and artist Louis Eguchi seeking advice on how to go about this. Before long, him and his brother Nat (also a programmer and artist, with whom Louis often collaborates) had started writing me a custom application called Music Sampler, which takes measurements of sound levels from .mp3 files at specified intervals and writes them to a spreadsheet. 

This neat app allowed me to be flexible in my experimentation with representing this data, as opposed to an automated generative system. 

View Nat and Louis's blog full of awesome projects (the music drawing app might steal a few minutes off you), random scribbles and good music here and follow them on twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment